[Product-Developers] Self-nominations for Plone Foundation board now open!

Jon Stahl jonstahl at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 02:13:30 UTC 2011

Greetings Plone Community!

With Plone Conference 2011 just a few weeks away, that means that
Plone Foundation board elections are fast approaching, and thus that
the self-nomination process for people interested in serving on the
Plone Foundation board of directors is now open!

Full details and instructions for self-nominating at:
 https://plone.org/foundation/meetings/membership/2011-membership-meeting/nominations-open

- The Plone Foundation has an elected, all-volunteer 7-member board of
directors.
- Board members must self nominate by November 2, 10pm UTC.
- You do not have to be a Plone Foundation member to nominate
yourself, but all nominees must be seconded by an active Plone
Foundation member.
- Board elections are held during Plone Conference (you can vote
either in-person or via email, details forthcoming)

As someone who's wrapping up my third term on the Plone Foundation
board, I can tell you that it is fun, rewarding, and a important way
to serve the Plone community.  It's not a huge amount of time, but you
do have to be consistent and diligent on follow-through.

cheers,
jon
---
Jon Stahl