[Product-Developers] PloneIDE

Derek Broughton auspex at pointerstop.ca
Fri Oct 14 22:16:58 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Nathan Van Gheem <vangheem at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sorry, but some of us are stuck with Windows servers.  I run about 15
>> different Plone sites, and all but a couple are on Linux, but
>> occasionally the customer insists on Windows.  Unless the product
>> works with Windows, I don't see it as a solution - and if I need to be
>> using different products for one site from all the rest, I'll find
>> another solution.
>
> This is a development tool--something you'd never put on a production
> machine.
>
> Jeez, that's the second time I've got this sort of stupid response.

I KNOW that.  Every single one of my production servers have corresponding
test instances.  Don't yours?  Why not?

If these are limitations of Windows and python's implementation on Windows,
> there is not much we can do about it

Sure there is - we can stick to tools that work on all platforms.
 plone.reload works.  maybe sauna.reload works better (in some cases), but
I'll take "good enough in all instances" over "best in some cases".
--
derek