[Product-Developers] no version diffs for folderish content types?

Christoph Pingel pingelsan at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 14 10:28:43 UTC 2011

Can someone from the versioning team confirm that this is true?

> it's a limitation of CMFEditions that prevents fields using
> AnnotationStorage from beeing versioned properly.

I developed a product for the Plone 4 platform using AnnotationStorage all over the place, and I'm in major trouble making versioning work.

I'm using archetpyes, and according to my observations, CMFEditions behaves like this:

Folderish types:
Versioning only works with AttributeStorage

Non-Folderish types:
Versioning work on fields with AnnotationStorage as far as I didn't declare AnnotationStorage on inherited fields, like in
#VersionstestFolderSchema['title'].storage = atapi.AnnotationStorage()

Otherwise, only AttributeStorage works.

This seems to be a major issue, esp. since with the paster scripts, AnnotationStorage is considered the default.

My question is:
If I want CMFEditions to be usable for my product, would I rather
- user AttributeStorage throughout
- try to make CMFEditions work with AnnotationStorage somehow (I already had some success with that)

Thanks for any input,
best regards,
Christoph Pingel