[Product-Developers] PloneIDE

Mikko Ohtamaa mikko+plone at redinnovation.com
Thu Oct 13 10:16:29 UTC 2011

Hi Tom,

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Tom Gross <itconsense at gmail.com> wrote:
> AFIAK plone.reload works on Windows and supports Python < 2.6, which
> sauna.reload doesn't at the moment.

Hmm - this is true. Windows lacks proper fork():

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23397/whats-the-best-way-to-duplicate-fork-in-windows

which is the core trick of fast-booting Plone.

On Windows it is possible to fallback restarting the whole Plone stack
with some little optimizations, but I am not sure whether anyone would
be willing to work with such a slow monster.

-Mikko