[Product-Developers] collective.eggproxy timeout issue

Bruno Binet bruno.binet at camptocamp.com
Tue May 31 14:55:38 UTC 2011

Hi Nate and list,

As Reinout advised me, now that I have some patchs ready for
collective.eggproxy, I'm looking forward to have some feedback.
Hopefully these changes could be committed in trunk and a new release
could be made.

First I fixed the timeout issue due to the externally hosted packages
by overriding find_packages instead of process_index so that the cache
of the index url should be delete only once:
https://github.com/bbinet/collective.eggproxy/commit/6ca8e9a1ea194bcaf477b8d006ccf1c4b1b66210

Then I added support for updating index with local eggs that have
already been cached, but that could have been removed from main pypi
server. These local eggs are now still available in the generated
https://github.com/bbinet/collective.eggproxy/commit/521be7de55426c1882b3374c639abd30c4dc1c53
with some tests:
https://github.com/bbinet/collective.eggproxy/commit/a8692697ec2e752cc12b9d9b3113901e428a8647
https://github.com/bbinet/collective.eggproxy/commit/a8692697ec2e752cc12b9d9b3113901e428a8647

Next one is to make sure that updateBaseIndex is always called when
ALWAYS_REFRESH is set.
https://github.com/bbinet/collective.eggproxy/commit/f62c0a129610f11195829d3334f0838a8a4e6711

Thanks for any feedback.
Cheers,