[Product-Developers] Diazo theming mission

Jon Stahl jonstahl at gmail.com
Wed May 25 02:19:36 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Alex Clark <aclark at aclark.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 5/24/11 10:09 PM, Jon Stahl wrote:
>>
>> Alex-
>>
>> You should look back at the great work Veda Williams did on "OOTB
>> Plone Themes" for Plone 3.  Different technology, different details,
>> but the *process* she used was fantastic, particularly with regard to
>> QA.  http://www.coactivate.org/projects/ootb-plone-themes/project-home
>

> I'll take a look, thanks! Maybe we can use the new JIRA stuff to bootstrap a
> Plone themes project.

That would be a great use of JIRA, IMHO.  Fair warning: Veda put a
*lot* of work into coaching/mentoring/cat-hearding people during the
OOTB project.  I've been thinking about this a lot lately in the
context of Diazo.  I think a big difference between now and then is
that there are some good open-source themes available, but it will
probably take some thought/evaluation to identify ones that are really
worth adapting.

:jon