[Product-Developers] Dexterity 1.0 released

David Glick davidglick at groundwire.org
Sat May 21 06:22:06 UTC 2011

On behalf of the Plone community and the Dexterity team, I'm proud to
announce the release of Dexterity 1.0.

Dexterity has been getting production use for quite some time now, so
calling the new release "1.0" is in many ways a long overdue
designation...it is one step in an ongoing series of continual small
improvements, rather than a big leap forward.  It also serves as a
declaration that the current API should remain supported and stable in
the 1.x series of Dexterity, while the development team can move ahead
to working on some more invasive changes for Dexterity 2.0. (I will
start cutting branches for this work tomorrow.)

Dexterity 1.0 is compatible with Plone 3, 4, and 4.1.

For more information including how to get started with Dexterity, please
see:
http://plone.org/products/dexterity ... This page also includes a list
of changes in the various Dexterity packages since the last release.

Many thanks to everyone whose efforts have contributed to this milestone!

cheers,
David

David Glick
 Web Developer
 davidglick at groundwire.org
 206.286.1235x32

Groundwire: You Are Connected
 http://groundwire.org

Online tools and strategies for the environmental movement.  Sign up for Groundwire News!
 http://groundwire.org/email-capture