[Product-Developers] A Few Good Plonistas Needed for the Plone Framework Team

Alec Mitchell alecpm at gmail.com
Wed May 4 02:06:35 UTC 2011

Hello Fellow Plone Developers,

The Plone 4.x Framework Team could use a few new members to fill out
our current stable of Plone experts.  The Framework Team is
responsible for making decisions about new features and code quality
for future Plone releases.  We have recently adopted some new
procedures (http://dev.plone.org/plone/wiki/PlipProcess) which will
allow us to benefit from a slightly larger team.  To that end, we are
hunting for people interested in helping guide the future and guard
the quality of Plone.

If you or someone you know is interested in joining the team, please
send a nomination email to the framework team list
(Framework-Team at lists.plone.org).  Please include the name and email
of the nominee as well as a note detailing experience with Plone and
some reasons for wanting to join the team. It would be a good idea to
read the  Framework Team overview
(http://dev.plone.org/plone/wiki/FrameworkTeam)  and the PLIP Process
documentation (http://dev.plone.org/plone/wiki/PlipProcess) to get an
idea of the responsibilities that come with FWT membership.  The team
generally has a biweekly conference call, and all active members are
expected to participate.

Framework team members are expected to have made significant (code or
non-code) contributions to Plone, to be familiar with current Plone
code and/or UI best practices, to have plenty of experience with
buildout and to possess a tolerance for awkward silence during
conference calls ;-)  People with strong UI, accessibility and/or
internationalization experience are especially encouraged to apply.

Regards,
Alec Mitchell
Plone Framework Team (2.5, 4.x)