[Product-Developers] Implementing browser views with customer specific functionalities

derek auspex at pointerstop.ca
Mon Mar 28 16:43:47 UTC 2011

On Mar 28, 12:52 am, Andreas Jung <li... at zopyx.com> wrote:

> in my Produce&Publish application I have a browser view where a
> view I am using the formTabbing feature (<dl
> class="enableFormTabbing"...) for generating a conversion section
>
> Generate PDF | Generate PDF + HTML
>
> In customer projects we often need to extend this tabbed view
> with customer specific options like
>
> Generate PDF | Generate PDF + HTML | My Customer conversion | ....
>
> Is there a straight forward way to inject arbitrary tab titles and tab
> contents snippets here based on something.
>
> Viewlets are not appropriate here. Using actions is not an option (don't
> provide the "tab content").

I do something similar (I think) where I place buttons on a form (in a
viewlet), and the buttons are configured either from a content object
which extends ATLink (user modifiable actions) or an Action (GS
configured), with an adapter:
	<adapter factory=".ActionAdapter.ActionAdapter"
		for="Products.CMFCore.ActionInformation.ActionInfo"
		provides=".interfaces.IQueryButton"
	/>
to make regular actions look like the user-configurable buttons.  I
don't have any trouble providing plenty of information that would be
your "tab content" in the Action (I use a custom Action object name):
<object name="QueryButtons" meta_type="CMF Action Category">
  <property name="title"></property>
  <object name="showData" meta_type="CMF Action">
   <property name="title">Show Data</property>
   <property name="description">...</property>
   <property name="url_expr">...</property>
  </object>
</object>