[Product-Developers] Customizing TinyMCE

Jim Baack jhb01 at thebaacks.com
Sat Mar 19 15:39:28 UTC 2011

From: "Noe Misael Nieto Arroyo" <noe at iservices.com.mx>
To: "Jim Baack" <jhb01 at thebaacks.com>
Cc: product-developers at lists.plone.org
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2011 2:05:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Product-Developers] Customizing TinyMCE

I have no idea how to do It. I'm curious to know if there's some solution for this.

---
Noe

2011/3/16 Jim Baack < jhb01 at thebaacks.com >

I have been trying to navigate the code in Products.TinyMCE but figure someone can probably point me in the right direction quicker.

I have a custom content type that is folderish and can contain images in a sub-folder. Only images from that sub-folder of the item being edited should be selectable in the TinyMCE image selection dialog (no search, parent, home, etc.). I only want to affect this content type with this customization. I see the rooted option but that affects all usage and also seems to root in the objects parent folder - I need to root in a known sub-folder.

Any suggestions on how to tackle this and where to start? I appreciate the help.

Jim

Just a quick update for the completeness of the list. I modified the requirement to instead entirely eliminate the image button (and maybe some others) from TinyMCE when editing objects of this type. This turns out to be easy.

If anyone would like to see the code, please let me know.

Jim