[Product-Developers] Plone Crash Course

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Wed Mar 16 23:44:58 UTC 2011

On 17/03/2011, at 3:07 AM, raharley wrote:

> The reason I ask is because I am working extensively with db
> interaction,
> zsql methods etc so filesystem vs ZMI is not as clear cut as it
> might be for
> other developers. For instance working with relational db data is
> easier in
> the ZMI because Zope handles the transaction machinery.

This is an excellent point. I came across a large legacy app recently
that was built purely using sqlmethods and python scripts. I was a
little stumped on the "best practice" way to convert this to a modern
app would be. Python scripts are almost always better done as
browserviews, but sqlmethods aren't so clear... perhaps because it
hasn't been written up that much. Is there a tutorial on this somewhere?