[Product-Developers] collective.xdv=1.0 & dexterity=1.0 version conflicts on Plone 4.1rc3

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 22:26:42 UTC 2011

Joaquin Rosales wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I'm working on a project that needs to use both Dexterity content-types
> as well as a collective.xdv theme, on a Plone 4.1rc3 instance.
>
>  On my buildout, I originally had the following:
>
> extends =
>     http://dist.plone.org/release/4.1rc3/versions.cfg
>     http://good-py.appspot.com/release/dexterity/1.0?plone=4.1rc3
>     http://good-py.appspot.com/release/collective.xdv/1.0?plone=4.1rc3

>  This however, when running the buildout, gave me the following error:

> The version, 1.0, is not consistent with the requirement,
> 'plone.formwidget.autocomplete>=1.2.0'.
> While:
>   Installing instance.
> Error: Bad version 1.0
>
>  Turns out that collective.xdv is using an older version of
> plone.formwidget.autocomplete, so by switching the order, i.e.,

> extends =
>     http://dist.plone.org/release/4.1rc3/versions.cfg
>     http://good-py.appspot.com/release/collective.xdv/1.0?plone=4.1rc3
>     http://good-py.appspot.com/release/dexterity/1.0?plone=4.1rc3
>
> the buildout works, although I haven't seen if everything works.
>
> Has anyone else had any similar experiences/issues/etc.? Is there any
> kind advice to be shared?
>
> :)
>
> Thanks, and cheers to all,
>
> -joaquin
> P.S. Hi, this is my first message to the list :)

You really want to be using plone.app.theming if you are running Plone 4.1.
Moving from collective.xdv should be very easy, mostly just changing the
xmlns declarations at the top of your rules file. My buildouts make use of
good-py's version merging, e.g:

[buildout]
extends =

http://good-py.appspot.com/release/dexterity/1.0?plone=4.1rc2&plone.app.theming=1.0b4