[Product-Developers] Offline bootstrap.py

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at alterway.fr
Sun Jul 31 18:33:57 UTC 2011

Le 28 juil. 2011 à 18:29, Steve McMahon a écrit :

> Try adding "buildout:install-from-cache=true" to your buildout command line.
>
> The installers are a good source of solutions for this problem, as they need to be able to run offline.

Thanks Steve,

But the problem is that there is no bin/buildout script at this stage. And absolute paths in parts/buildout/site may be wrong. I'm talking about bootstraping a project I shall make using "buildout:install-from-cache=true" or with the "-No" option that seems to do the same thing.

So the bin/buildout command does not exist or contains wrong "sys.path" patches.

My solution is nearly ready and I shall blog about this in few.

Kind regards
--
Gilles Lenfant