[Product-Developers] Offline bootstrap.py

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at alterway.fr
Thu Jul 28 08:53:42 UTC 2011

Hi,

This is perhaps not the most suited ML for asking such question. I'm in a situation where I need to install a Plone in a windows platform that has no access to the internet.

I unzip a tarball that has the buildout space, including all eggs, such it **could** work with "bin\buildout.exe -nO -c production.cfg", but the bootstrap.py always tries to grab eggs **that are already in $BUILDOUT/eggs** from the internet.

The other solution consists in changing all the paths in bin\buildout script such it matches the installation path for various eggs. I need to change stuffs in parts\buildout\site.py too in various places. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Is there an automated way to run the bootstrap.py with no connection to the internet ?

Thanks by advance for any hint.
--
Gilles Lenfant