[Product-Developers] Portletpage management – why not render portlets

Luca Fabbri luca at keul.it
Sun Jul 24 11:32:30 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Malthe Borch <mborch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 July 2011 20:22, Luca Fabbri <luca at keul.it> wrote:
>> The only reason I see is that also Plone doesn't (when you are on the
>> @@manage-portlets view). In this way it keep the same behavior.
>
> My guess is that it was what worked with no extra effort required;
> however, I should maybe have been more specific: wouldn't it be better
> if it did actually render the portlets – given that a portlet-page is
> quite different in terms of management needs than the regular portlet
> columns.
>
> \malthe

I understand.
The only opposition I can find are related to layout specific
behavior. Sometimes we organize portlet in up, left, right, down area,
but the theme CSS will render theme  in a different order.

This will help the editor or create problems to him while manage
portlets? Don't know!

However this is a real collective product (Martin has no time to keep
an eye on it). Can you provide a branch with those changes?

Any other comment about it (from someone else)?

--
-- luca

twitter: http://twitter.com/keul
linkedin: http://linkedin.com/in/lucafbb