[Product-Developers] Create new plone.app.page type

Maarten Kling maarten at fourdigits.nl
Thu Jul 21 07:32:09 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am using Deco to setup a new website, the default Page type from
plone.app.page type works fine.
Now i need to create a new dexterity type called 'person' witch is
having the same (layout)properties like Page and some add-ons features.
I need the layout aware behaviors for editing my type the Deco way.

As there is no class for the Page type from plone.app.page I cannot
inherit my Person type from the Page type and have to write all the FTI
Deco needed stuff myself.

I there an easy way to do this?

In the XML for my type there is <element
value="plone.app.blocks.layoutbehavior.ILayoutAware" /> defined.

Hoping anyone can help.

Kind regards,
Maarten

--
Maarten Kling
http://fourdigits.nl/mensen/maarten-kling

Four Digits BV
http://www.fourdigits.nl
Willemsplein 44, 6811 KD, Arnhem
tel: +31 (0)26 4422700 fax: +31 (0)84 2206117
KVK 091621370000 BTW 8161.22.234.B01