[Product-Developers] Error with portal_catalog and several documents with the same value

Noe Nieto nnieto at noenieto.com
Wed Jul 13 09:06:39 UTC 2011

Thanks Joaquin,

I tried adding the behavior to my dexterity content-type and I still get the
same list of errors. (I followed the documentation of
plone.app.referencebehavior in pypi)

Did you do something else besides adding plone.app.referencebehavior as a
dependency in setup.py and adding the behavior into the GS profile?

Regards
---
Noe

2011/7/6 Joaquin Rosales <globojorro at gmail.com>

> I had similar problems when using a dexterity-based content-type that I
> wrote.
>
> From what I infer, dexterity doesn't use UIDs like those of Archetypes,
> and the catalog is having trouble getting the right UID for those
> content types (maybe Acquisition is not helping?).
>
> I seem to have fixed it by adding plone.app.referenceablebehavior to my
> product, and making my content types referenceable (at least no errors
> are showing up).
>
> plone.app.referenceablebehavior and a couple of other packages are named
> in Dexterity's documentation:
>

> http://plone.org/products/dexterity/documentation/manual/developer-manual/pre-requisites#contributed-packages
>
> Also, I just found this by googling "dexterity referenceablebehavior":
>

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6151647/what-are-the-dexterity-and-archetypes-gotchas-in-plone-4-1
>
> Has anyone else faced a similar situation?
>
> Cheers,
> -joaquin
>

> El mié, 06-07-2011 a las 11:39 -0500, Noe Nieto escribió:
> > I wrote a product that allows users to make a structure of folders,
> > like this:
> >

> > folder-structure/
> >    - foo/
> >      - foo_frontpage
> >    - bar/
> >    - baz/
> >
> > another-folder-structure/
> >    - foo/
> >      - foo_frontpage
> >    - bar/
> >    - baz/
> >

> > Ever after adding a second folder structure plone logs errors like
> > this:
> >
> > 2011-07-05 22:00:59 ERROR Products.ZCatalog A different document with
> > value 'b0ce8f76-60de-45b3-b536-42bc4d36ccf5' already exists in the
> > None
> >
> > I don't see the site crashing in spectacular ways, but will this have
> > negative impact in performance or in the site?
> >

> > --
> > ---
> > Noe Nieto
> > NNieto Consulting Services