[Product-Developers] Error with portal_catalog and several documents with the same value

Joaquin Rosales globojorro at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 23:29:42 UTC 2011

I had similar problems when using a dexterity-based content-type that I
wrote.

>From what I infer, dexterity doesn't use UIDs like those of Archetypes,
and the catalog is having trouble getting the right UID for those
content types (maybe Acquisition is not helping?).

I seem to have fixed it by adding plone.app.referenceablebehavior to my
product, and making my content types referenceable (at least no errors
are showing up).

plone.app.referenceablebehavior and a couple of other packages are named
in Dexterity's documentation:

http://plone.org/products/dexterity/documentation/manual/developer-manual/pre-requisites#contributed-packages

Also, I just found this by googling "dexterity referenceablebehavior":

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6151647/what-are-the-dexterity-and-archetypes-gotchas-in-plone-4-1

Has anyone else faced a similar situation?

Cheers,
-joaquin