[Product-Developers] no version diffs for folderish content types?

Christoph Pingel pingelsan at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 6 09:45:20 UTC 2011

Hi there,

this is a very interesting information I was looking for.

I have a bunch of content types build with paster, and AnnotationStorage is the default, and I left it at that.

However, the customer wants versioning and wants it out-of-the-box (no budget for a custom versioning solution). Unsurprisingly, given the information above, versioning didn't work at all. So my first impulse is to change my fields to use AttributeStorage.

Are there any downsides to be expected from that?
How would I migrate existing sites to use AttributeStorage instead of AnnotationStorage? Is export/import agnostic of storage type?

Thanks for any input,
best regards,
Christoph