[Product-Developers] Plone3 logging problem

mcelotti m.celotti at tecnoteca.it
Fri Jan 21 11:24:49 UTC 2011

I have a product (plone3) that succesfully calls an external webservice to
fetch data.
I'd like to log some debug info (something like "callin method foo() with
params ..."), but:

- if I use logger.debug() then in my buildout I must use "event-log-level =
debug" to see my messages.
this becomes a mess with tons of other zope-plone messages.

- if I use logger.info(), and in buildout "event-log-level = info", a user
could not be interested in reading my messages (ie: a production
environment)

I wish I could specify (like in Java with log4j) a logger level ONLY for my
product, but as far as I know, this is not possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks