[Product-Developers] Product breaking TinyMCE

Andy Ferguson drew at fergiesontour.org
Sun Feb 27 21:09:35 UTC 2011

Hi

In a clean install of Plone 4.0.3 if I install an old Plone2 style custom
Product, it functions fine. Unfortunately, as a result, TinyMCE fails to
activate during regular editing sessions leaving the user with raw HTML to edit.

If I then install Kupu to the Plone instance, TinyMCE starts working again.

after this

If I remove Kupu, TinyMCE is broken

If I reinstate Kupu and remove my own Product, TinyMCE behaves fine

If I then remove Kupu, TinyMCE is broken again

Whats seems to be happening is

1. my Product is removing something TinyMCE expects to find
2. Kupu then recreates whatever was removed so TinyMCE works
3. and removing Kupu removes it again breaking TinyMCE again

Can someone suggest how I can try and track down what is actually causing
TinyMCE to break?

Thanks