[Product-Developers] Retrieve external users credentials

Andrea Brugiolo nick at linux.it
Fri Feb 25 11:56:39 UTC 2011

I wrote a plugin to authenticate users against an external source and
now it works -- thanks to those who helped :-)

Now I have to get a user's password to let Plone ask for some external
resources on behalf of the user.

Starting from Plone 3, the __ac cookie doesn't store the user's
password any more (only the username) and I don't currently do it with
my authentication plugin either (my authentication source is a web
service outside Plone).

So my question is: what would be the best way to have the user's
password back from within Plone? Should I save it somewhere when the
user authenticate?

Thank you for your attention .)

Andrea