[Product-Developers] migrating portlets from 2.5 to 3

Joe Bigler jeb6 at psu.edu
Thu Feb 24 14:41:02 UTC 2011

Thanks Jon,

I just took another look at the portlets section of the Plone Developer's
manual at:

http://plone.org/documentation/manual/developer-manual/generic-setup/reference/portlets

If the purge command works in Plone 2.5, I will use that to remove all the
portlets there and then migrate.  Once I get it into Plone 4, I can create
the navigation portlets and collection portlets for news and events.  When I
do the actual migration, I will repeat the process with the latest data.fs,
migrate to Plone 4, and then import the navigation and collection portlets
into Plone 4 via Generic Setup.  If that works, that will solve one of my
biggest migration headaches.  I will post my results.

Joe Bigler