[Product-Developers] ZopeSkel plone template and PasteScript dependency

Cristopher Ewing cewing at u.washington.edu
Wed Feb 23 19:27:18 UTC 2011

On Feb 23, 2011, at 5:27 AM, Johannes Raggam wrote:

>>> I wish there were a clean way to avoid this, and jjmojojjmojo is working on
>>> a new package that will allow us to have local commands without the
>>> dependency on PasteScript, but for now, this is an annoyance we have to work
>>> around.
> but can't the system PasteScript, with which the skeleton was produced,
> used for this? (asking, without knowing much about PasteScript
> internals)

So far as I've been able to tell, no.  I'm not sure why this is, but it seems to be the case.  I end up just chalking it up as one more reason to work on removing the pastescript dependency.

Thanks for your patience with this annoyance.  We'll continue to make the product better, and someday soonish we can reach code generation nirvana :)