[Product-Developers] ZopeSkel plone4_buildout and deprecation warning

Mikko Ohtamaa mikko+plone at redinnovation.com
Tue Feb 22 19:55:30 UTC 2011

Hi,

cewing wrote:

> It's not quite fair to say 'ZopeSkel is updated now and then when someone
> finds enough time to look after it'.  I work on it quite regularly and
> update it at least once every three months or so.  I do like to wait for a
> relatively significant chunk of new/improved stuff before I push another
> release out the door, though.
>
> nit-pickingly yours,

Thank you for your hard work with the releases :) But to save you to some
extra work in the future I came up with this cunning plan:

* When ZopeSkel is run it checks the latest corresponding stable Plone
version from http://dist.plone.org/release/

* It uses this version as the default

It should not be too hard to implement with some urllib magic. It is Python
after all.

-Mikko

-----

http://twitter.com/moo9000 Follow me in Twitter