[Product-Developers] migrating portlets from 2.5 to 3

Joe Bigler jeb6 at psu.edu
Tue Feb 22 02:56:56 UTC 2011

Thanks Jon.  I also need to replace some CustomNav portlets as well.   What I
am looking into is the possibility of migrating the site to Plone 4 and then
removing the portlets from portlets.xml using remove or purge statements.
Then I will replace all the portlets manually with custom collection
portlets and new navigation portlets.  I will save the portlets.xml file
with the collection portlets and navigation portlets in it.   When we
actually do the migration, I will remove the smart portlets and CustomNav
portlets again and then import the new collection portlets, along with the
navigation portlets using the new portlets.xml file.  Don't know if that
will work, but I plan on trying it out.  If anyone has a better suggestion,
I would appreciate any thoughts.

Joe Bigler