[Product-Developers] Issue with Plone 4.0.2 and good-py? Getting Plone 4.0b1 from good-py

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Mon Feb 21 17:02:12 UTC 2011

Mikko Ohtamaa wrote:

> Ok, I found possible cause. What I am seeing if some bad action in
> good-py.
>
> For example::
>
> http://good-py.appspot.com/release/dexterity/1.0b7?plone=4.0.2
>
> You'll see it pulls
>
> Products.CMFPlone=4.0b1
>
> Changing Dexterity version doesn't seem to affect it... you get always
> beta 1 for Plone 4.

Products.CMFPlone 4.0 is just a forward compatibility shim, the
Products.CMFPlone package is still in the Plone egg. I've updated 4.0.2 and
4.0.3 to at least both specify the downgrades to DateTime and ZODB3, but I
don't expect that will help this case.

Does KSS work for a plain install of Plone with
http://dist.plone.org/release/4.0.3/versions.cfg as the KGS? Does it work
with http://good-py.appspot.com/release/plone/4.0.3?

Laurence