[Product-Developers] Triggering logout

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Mon Feb 21 09:51:20 UTC 2011

Op 17-02-11 23:23, Andrea Brugiolo schreef:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 05:39:00PM +0100, Maurits van Rees wrote:
>>
>> I have recently released this PAS plugin that also has extraction and
>> authentication; maybe its code has some hints for you:
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pas.plugins.aselect
>> (also on the collective)
>
> Thank you for your example, Maurits.
>
> Now I am looking into your code trying to solve another problem but I
> seem you do something different; I authenticate against an external
> service and I don't create real users in Plone (while you do in your
> plugin, if I am not wrong), so, I need a data structure in my plugin
> to temporarily store information about users who logged-in through it.
>
> Then I would like to catch the user logout action from within my
> plugin in order to do some cleaning in my volatile user storage (the
> data structure).
>
> I have tried to use the resetCredential interface but it seems Plone
> doesn't consider it and I don't know if it is the right place.

I don't remember having done anything with resetCredentials myself, but
it does look like the correct spot.

> Do you know where I could write some lines to do cleaning stuff on
> user logout (within my plugin)?

You can look at Products/CMFPlone/skins/plone_login/logout.cpy which is
what is executed when clicking on the 'logout' link.
The main call there is to the logoutUser method in
Products/CMFPlone/MembershipTool.py
Maybe the code trail there leads you somewhere.

Of course, note that not everyone actually clicks on the 'logout' link,
so this code will not always get called.

--
Maurits van Rees
Web App Programmer at Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl