[Product-Developers] How to play nice with prefs_install_products_form?

Noe Misael Nieto Arroyo noe at iservices.com.mx
Fri Feb 18 23:48:56 UTC 2011

I'm working on a Plone Theme based on diazo. In fact, just a plain Plone
product.

I made some changes to the theme and changed the profile version number. And
restarted Plone.

Upon restart, the Plone control panel's prefs_install_products_form shows
this message below my product's name:

 This add-on has been upgraded.  Old profile version was *0001*. New profile
version is *0002*.  There is no upgrade procedure defined for this add-on.
Please consult the add-on documentation for upgrade information, or contact
the add-on author.

But there isn't any "Reinstall" button. I could go to portal_quickinstaller
tool and force the reinstallation. But I'm curious now about what do I need
to add to my theme product so the aforementioned message dissapears and the
"Reinstall" button appears?

---
Noe