[Product-Developers] Triggering logout (was: Re: Authentication plugin with three parameters)

Andrea Brugiolo nick at linux.it
Thu Feb 17 22:23:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 05:39:00PM +0100, Maurits van Rees wrote:

> I have recently released this PAS plugin that also has extraction and
> authentication; maybe its code has some hints for you:
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pas.plugins.aselect
> (also on the collective)

Thank you for your example, Maurits.

Now I am looking into your code trying to solve another problem but I
seem you do something different; I authenticate against an external
service and I don't create real users in Plone (while you do in your
plugin, if I am not wrong), so, I need a data structure in my plugin
to temporarily store information about users who logged-in through it.

Then I would like to catch the user logout action from within my
plugin in order to do some cleaning in my volatile user storage (the
data structure).

I have tried to use the resetCredential interface but it seems Plone
doesn't consider it and I don't know if it is the right place.

Do you know where I could write some lines to do cleaning stuff on
user logout (within my plugin)?

Thank you very much for you attention

Andrea

--

  Definition of software patent: A software patent is a right to
  litigate against authors of software granted to an applicant as a

                       -- http://stopsoftwarepatents.org/