[Product-Developers] Reinstall portal_memberdata and portal_registration

ken manheimer ken.manheimer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 17:48:31 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Gil Forcada <gil at usecm.com> wrote:

2011/2/16 ken manheimer <ken.manheimer at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Gil Forcada <gil at usecm.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks for that pointer!
>>>
>>> I was looking at the import steps on portal_setup and there's one called
>>> MemberData Properties. After running it I'm able to save user preferences.
>>>
>>> I'm only missing the portal_registration but it has to be another import
>>> step. I ran all import steps and even if I have lost all contents (no
>>> worries is a local copy) I can register new users! Yay!!
>>>

>> excellent - glad that helped!  i hope that we can get remember and
>> membrane uninstalls rectified to take care of this stuff, but until then
>> this is all useful info.
>>

> Woho!! At last!! I been struggling with it since mid January.

double excellent!-)

> The step needed to make plone_registration work again is: Required Tools
>
> Now I'm able to create users and modify their properties :)
>
> I hope it helps to make those really needed uninstallers.

i think it really will, if i get a chance to work on it.  right now i'm
looking to get Products.remember compatibility with Products.membrane
2.0 released - i have reason to hope that will be soon.  (i'd be interested
to know whether it have made a difference to your continuing with
Products.remember if that compatibility was there?  i don't know whether or
not other product-developers would be interested in this topic, so you can
respond just to me if that seems more appropriate.)

Cheers,