[Product-Developers] Reinstall portal_memberdata and portal_registration

Gil Forcada gil at usecm.com
Wed Feb 16 16:50:58 UTC 2011

2011/2/16 ken manheimer <ken.manheimer at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Gil Forcada <gil at usecm.com> wrote:
>

>> 2011/2/16 Gil Forcada <gil at usecm.com>
>>
>> 2011/2/15 ken manheimer <ken.manheimer at gmail.com>
>>>
>>> this may not be giving you much new info, but i expect that you'll want
>>>>

>> Thanks for that pointer!
>>
>> I was looking at the import steps on portal_setup and there's one called
>> MemberData Properties. After running it I'm able to save user preferences.
>>
>> I'm only missing the portal_registration but it has to be another import
>> step. I ran all import steps and even if I have lost all contents (no
>> worries is a local copy) I can register new users! Yay!!
>>

> excellent - glad that helped!  i hope that we can get remember and membrane
> uninstalls rectified to take care of this stuff, but until then this is all
> useful info.

Woho!! At last!! I been struggling with it since mid January.

The step needed to make plone_registration work again is: Required Tools

Now I'm able to create users and modify their properties :)

I hope it helps to make those really needed uninstallers.

Cheers,

--

*Gil Forcada**
*C/Llacuna, 166 2n.2a (Edifici Llacuna)