[Product-Developers] Reinstall portal_memberdata and portal_registration

Gil Forcada gil at usecm.com
Wed Feb 16 09:10:11 UTC 2011

2011/2/15 ken manheimer <ken.manheimer at gmail.com>

> this may not be giving you much new info, but i expect that you'll want to
> isolate the portal creation steps that involve creating the
> portal_memberdata and portal_registration tools, and create an external
> method that does those things.  i would start by looking for generic setup
> tool steps for those tools - that might be all you need.

That would be cool, but I don't mind if there's another way. I just want my
portal_memberdata and portal_registration back :)

> on related lines, i am getting to the point of working on releasing my
> Products.remember changes to get it working with Products.membrane  v2.  i
> also want to look at what it takes to get the Products.remember uninstall
> provisions working, and will look at the link you mention to instructions
> for removing persistent utilities.  please let me know if you have a script
> you are using, or anything like that, and what you discover about recreating
> the memberdata and registration tools.  i may have time to look at that
> myself, but it probably won't be for a while.

I just basically do:
./bin/instance debug

sm = app.Plone.getSiteManager() # where Plone is your Plone instance name

sm.utilities._adapters
sm.utilities._subscribers
sm.utilities._provided

And with the output of these previous commands I try to find and delete all
remember/membrane data just as explained on the link I pointed before.

Cheers,

gil at usecm.com
www.usecm.com