[Product-Developers] New package posted - feedback sought

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 18:20:31 UTC 2011

kevingill wrote:

> I have posted a widget on pypi. It is a z3c.form version of
> Products.DataGridField.
>
> The package is svn'ed on Plone collective, but it is in PyPI under my id.
> Is there a protocol/guideline for assigning rights to PyPI products
> which are svn'ed in the collective?

Hi Kevin,

First, thanks for working on this, it's sorely needed!

I've taken a brief look, and have a few comments:

* The demo views should probably be moved to a separate package (or
registered only for testing).

* The dexterity dependency in generic setup does not seem required, it
should be just as usable for plain plone.z3cform users. (And perhaps even
plain z3c.form users.)

* Ideally grok usage should be removed from the package (though not the
demo) to reduce the dependencies for users.

* In setup.py, the ``setup_requires`` and ``paster_plugins`` lines seem
unnecessary.

Laurence