[Product-Developers] Version errors with z3c.form and zope.schema

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Mon Feb 7 17:02:57 UTC 2011

Op 06-02-11 18:13, noisygecko schreef:

> I made a fresh install of Plone 4.0.2 and then wanted to install the
> collective.geo.contentlocations product.  I added it to my eggs and zcml and
> ran buildout.  I get this error (full text is below):
>
> Error: There is a version conflict.
> We already have: zope.schema 3.5.4
> but z3c.form 2.4.2 requires 'zope.schema>=3.6.0'.
>
> Does anyone have an idea bout what is up and how I could fix this?  I have
> posted to the collective.geo.contentlocations issue tracker, but I am not
> sure that it is a problem with that product.

If zope.schema is the only one that is complained about, then using
3.6.0 seems safe enough:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zope.schema#id7
Just add zope.schema = 3.6.0 in your [versions] section.

Alternatively, see if pinning z3c.form to 2.3.4 helps.

Handpicking the correct versions for z3c.form and plone(.app).z3cform
for the Plone version you are using can be tricky...

> *************** PICKED VERSIONS ****************
> [versions]
> #Required by:
> #plone.app.registry 1.0b5
> Products.CMFPlone = 4.1a1

Note that you are pulling in Products.CMFPlone 4.1a1 here.  To avoid
that, try pinning Products.CMFPlone = 4.0b1, like Plone 4.0.3 does:
http://dist.plone.org/release/4.0.3/
Or use Plone 4.0.3 yourself; it is not releases officially yet, but that
is only pending the arrival of Windows builds.

Cheers,

--
Maurits van Rees
Web App Programmer at Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl