[Product-Developers] Timeout decorator on external service call

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Dec 5 18:58:33 UTC 2011

It's truly not recommendable calling external webservice from
within a worker thread. If all of the (four) worker threads of Zope  run
into a timeout then you are doomed. Your complete system will be blocked
and modifying the socket time out is also a bad thing (at least in pre
Python 2.6 versions where the socket time is a global resource).

- -aj