[Product-Developers] What are the requirements to get an upgrade button in the Add/Remove Products panel

Jean-Michel FRANCOIS toutpt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 10:29:13 UTC 2011

I have asking this to be sure your upgradestep was working, it is a
requirement to get the button.

Next, matching setup profile version == package version also mean every
release need an upgrade step.
I know I don't want that. And how do you manage people who are using
trunk/master ? But it's quite off topic.

I guess AGX respect Plone3, so it doesn't add metadata.xml. you should add
it by yourself.

> I can't immediately figure out what release version of Plone that would
have been.
Yoy should not care about this, just care about what happens to my data.

So you have your upgrade button now ?

Regards / Cordialement,
JeanMichel FRANCOIS
Find me on Google + <https://profiles.google.com/toutpt>