[Product-Developers] What are the requirements to get an upgrade button in the Add/Remove Products panel

Jean-Michel FRANCOIS toutpt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 15:40:27 UTC 2011

first generic setup profile version (in metadata.xml) must have an integer

Next you have to register a upgradestep
You can find many of them here and their:

https://github.com/collective/collective.js.jqueryui/blob/master/collective/js/jqueryui/profiles.zcml
https://github.com/collective/collective.gallery/blob/master/collective/gallery/upgrades.zcml

An upgrade step is a simple method
https://github.com/collective/collective.gallery/blob/master/collective/gallery/upgrades.py