[Product-Developers] JQueryUI history and futur and sunburst's !important

Luca Fabbri luca at keul.it
Fri Dec 2 13:47:02 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Jean-Michel FRANCOIS <toutpt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Plone developpers,
>
> This post is related to sunburst and jqueryui
>
> Looking at new addons I have found collective.jqueryui.autocomplete
> http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/collective.jqueryui.autocomplete/trunk/collective/jqueryui/autocomplete/
> This one just registering jqueryui into Plone (yet another one). I have
> contacted the author to ask why he is not using c.js.jqueryui.

As you wrote you criticism (also) there, let me reply to you there:
what's the problem?

collective.js.jqueryui doesn't works well on Plone 3.3. Or better: it
works but only using an old version of the product (1.7.x) that don't
include the autocomplete plugin (that I need, on Plone 3.3).

I don't get the problem having similar packages when differences are
well documented. For example: I prefer collective.javascript.jqueryui
instead of using collective.js.jqueryui. Both packages
(collective.jqueryui.autocomplete and collective.javascript.jqueryui)
are well documented, so a developer that read the page can understand
when install it and when not.

--
-- luca

twitter: http://twitter.com/keul