[Product-Developers] plone.app.jquerytools, disabled scripts in js registry, profile deps: stop the madness!

Sean Upton sdupton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 17:40:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Steve McMahon <steve at dcn.org> wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> Why don't you go ahead and open a ticket for this (component: javascript). I
> think you're right that this is a mess, and a ticket will give us a place to
> work through a better solution.

https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/12147  or
http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/12147

While this problem is particularly interesting/frustrating for
framework JavaScript.  I keep thinking that it is going to warrant
some modification to the setup process itself (more generally, it is a
GenericSetup problem).  Partitioning the profile dependency graph into
levels (visualize the digraph of dependencies as a trellis) could
provide cues of when already-installed dependency profiles should not
have an import step re-run (because a higher-level downstream add-on
has already customized over that step).

I would bet this will eventually warrant a ticket for GenericSetup in
launchpad too.

Sean