[Product-Developers] ComponentLookupErrors with various add-ons unter Plone 4.1

David Glick davidglick at groundwire.org
Sat Aug 13 17:03:27 UTC 2011

On 8/12/11 11:33 PM, Andreas Jung wrote:

> Raphael Ritz wrote:
>> On 8/12/11 6:07 PM, Andreas Jung wrote: I encountered the following
>> error with multiple add-ons under Plone 4.1 (working nicely with
>> Plone 4.0).
>>
>>> http://plone.org/documentation/manual/upgrade-guide/version/upgrading-plone-4.0-to-4.1/updating-add-on-products-for-plone-4.1/referencemanual-all-pages
>>> see 'updating permissions' in particular.
>>> If you aim for backwards compatibility I'd recommend to make this
>>> conditional on plone41 or skip the specification of the permissions
>>> file in ZCML. Otherwise stuff will break on Plone 3.x.
> This is strange - various of my own add-ons run without
> modifications on Plone 4.1 - and they do of course use cmf.XXX
> permissions to protect views. None of my add-ons contains
>
> <include package="Products.CMFCore" file="permissions.zcml" />
>
> That's why I am surprised.

It's a matter of what order packages' ZCML gets loaded. If your packages
that use CMF permissions happen to load after CMFPlone or something else
that includes CMFCore's ZCML, it will work fine. If your packages load
first, it won't unless your package also includes CMFCore's ZCML.
David

David Glick
 Web Developer
 davidglick at groundwire.org
 206.286.1235x32

Online tools and strategies for the environmental movement.

Sign up for our newsletter: http://www.groundwire.org/email-capture