[Product-Developers] Register an CSS-File??

vii v.errath at bcom.at
Thu Aug 11 14:56:31 UTC 2011

Hello Miko

I managed it to now register the folder "browser/stylesheets" and get a
css-file in this folder registered in portal_css. And this file now works.
Just for my understanding:

- Is it possible to register (and if --> how??) a css-file
"browser/styles.css" without using a subfolder?

Although I'm using the development-mode running the instance in
foreground-mode and having activated the "debug-mode" for portal_css I have
to press "Strg"+"F5" to see changes in the registered CSS-Files? Is this
correct or do I have some configuration-errors?

And my last question: What is the difference, or which version is "better":

The approach from Alex (if I understood it right): using small css-Files
that only belong to certain CT or views?
Or the portal_css way. Letting plone combine, compress and deliver all the
existing css-files?

Many thanks in advance

regards
Viktor