[Product-Developers] Change "default view" and get it active quickly?

vii v.errath at bcom.at
Wed Aug 10 12:33:05 UTC 2011

Dear list

At first a shirt introduction to myself: My name is viktor, I'm new to this
list but I'm using and developing with/for Plone for about 5 years now.
Until now I created the needed Content Types "by hand". I had a
"Dummy-Product" and changed/added the things I needed.

Now I wanted to create my first Content-Type "the right way" (and to get a
product that also will work on Plone4) and red the book "Plone 3 Products
development Cookbook" and many tutorials online. I got most of the things I
needed working but I got a vew questions left.

I created a folderish CT "NewBornGallery" (with paster). For the content of
this folder I created a "normal" CT "NewBornBaby" (also with paster). I
changed the baseCT of the NewBornBaby to ATImage. I added the fields and
wigdets I needed and eventhing is fine. Now I want to create my own views
and used paster to create these. After a lot of "try and error" I noticed
that I have to fill in the choosen view in the
"profiles/default/types/NewBornGallery.xml" in the property "default_view".
Did I missed this hint in all the books and tutorials? Or should paster
create this entry??

Is there an easier way to get this settings active than to de-install and
install the product? (plone.reload does not work right??)

regards
viktor