[Product-Developers] location field on Dexterity based content types

David Glick davidglick at groundwire.org
Thu Aug 4 22:02:36 UTC 2011

On 8/4/11 2:56 PM, Héctor Velarde wrote:
> in Archetypes location is declared in ExtensibleMetadata.py as:
>
>           # Location, also known as Coverage in the DC metadata standard,
> but we
>           # keep the term Location here for historical reasons.
>           StringField(
>               'location',
>               # why no accessor? http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/6424
>               searchable=True,
>               widget = StringWidget(
>                   label = _(u'label_location', default=u'Location'),
>                   description=_(u'help_location_dc',
>                                 default=u'The geographical location
> associated with the item, if applicable.'),
>                   ),
>           ),
>
> why this was not included in the standard IDublinCore behavior?

I honestly can't remember; it was probably an oversight. Do you think
it's important to add it?

By the way, you might have more success asking Dexterity questions in
the Dexterity google group:
http://groups.google.com/group/dexterity-development

David

David Glick
 Web Developer
 davidglick at groundwire.org
 206.286.1235x32

Online tools and strategies for the environmental movement.

Sign up for our newsletter: http://www.groundwire.org/email-capture