[Product-Developers] collective.portlet.explore ragged margin workaround

ken manheimer ken.manheimer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 22:27:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:03 AM, Raphael Ritz
<r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de>wrote:

> On 7/29/11 7:51 PM, ken manheimer wrote:
>
>> i love collective.portlet.explore's functionality, but find the ragged
>> right margin of wrapped titles - where the second-line is far tot the
>> right of the first - to defeat the readability of the nesting structure.
>>  i have a fix, and would be happy to check it in, but the approach is
>> dubious, and am looking for better suggestions.
>>

> Have you seen
> http://dev.plone.org/plone/**ticket/2776<http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/2776>
>

> It suggests to use a negative 'text-indent' together with
> appropriate 'margin-left' settings.

i hadn't seen that tracker issue, but the negative text-indent is what i was
referring to by conventional techniques that wind up stomping the
toggle/expand bullet.  resolving that, plus the general complexity of the
CSS approach as described in the issue even if that proves solvable, makes
me comfortable with the very simple wrapping of the entry title in
table/tr/td.

since i heard no objections, yesterday i checked the
change<http://dev.plone.org/collective/browser/collective.portlet.explore/trunk/collective/portlet/explore/recurse.pt?rev=243002>
in
to the collective.portlet.explore trunk, noting the whole situation in bug
tracker issue 11<http://plone.org/products/collective.portlet.explore/issues/11/view>
.

> Not sure this is what you are after but maybe it is ...

yep - thanks for pointing it out!

ken