[Product-Developers] [ANN] aws.zope2zcmldoc

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Apr 20 22:54:10 UTC 2011

Op 18-04-11 14:59, Gilles Lenfant schreef:
> Hello folks,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the birth of aws.zope2zcmldoc
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/aws.zope2zcmldoc/
>
> https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/aws.zope2zcmldoc
>
> aws.zope2zcmldoc adds a new Zope control panel that shows the doc of the various ZCML directives available in your instance. This component is clearly a companion for your development instance beside DocFinderTab, Clouseau, plone.reload.
>
> Though I consider it as alfaware, this component has no side effect on applications or in the ZCML behaviour. The layout is at the moment somehow spartan and will be improved in the future releases.
>
> Thanks in advance for any hint, feedback, feature idea, patch (...)

Looks useful, thanks!

Tested and found working in Ploen 4.0 (Zope 2.12) and Plone 4.1 (Zope
2.13).  I saw a remark on Plone 4.0 that the zcml namespace could for
some reason not be shown.  On 4.1 this *is* shown (maybe something was
fixed in its registration), although the zcml:condition directive is not
shown.  I guess that is something that cannot be fixed in
aws.zope2zcmldoc though.

Oh, can I suggest adding a z3c.autoinclude entry point for plone so the
zcml gets picked up automatically on Plone 3.3 and higher?  IIUC your
package works with plain Zope2 without Plone as well, but having an
entry point for plone does not hurt that use case.

Thanks,

--
Maurits van Rees
Web App Programmer at Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl