[Product-Developers] [ANN] aws.zope2zcmldoc

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at alterway.fr
Mon Apr 18 14:28:33 UTC 2011

Le 18 avr. 2011 à 15:59, Raphael Ritz a écrit :

> On 4/18/11 2:59 PM, Gilles Lenfant wrote:
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce the birth of aws.zope2zcmldoc
>>
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/aws.zope2zcmldoc/
>>
>> https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/aws.zope2zcmldoc
>>
>> aws.zope2zcmldoc adds a new Zope control panel that shows the doc of the various ZCML directives available in your instance. This component is clearly a companion for your development instance beside DocFinderTab, Clouseau, plone.reload.
>>
>> Though I consider it as alfaware, this component has no side effect on applications or in the ZCML behaviour. The layout is at the moment somehow spartan and will be improved in the future releases.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any hint, feedback, feature idea, patch (...)
>
> Hi Gilles,
>
> nice!
>
> Installed it on a 3.3.5 dev site and it just works.
>
> Since you are asking for feature ideas:
> no idea how to do this but I always like concrete, real world
> examples. Would be awesome if aws.z2zd could try to somehow
> extract a representative example from the code base to go
> with the descriptions of the individual directives (in case
> there is one). This would help people like me who always
> wrestle with XML syntax.

Hi Raphael, and thanks for your feedback.

It's a thing that I've been thinking about at the beginnig, but it's somehow complicated

1/ All ZCML directive don't register something. In example, collective.monkeypatcher ZCML directive does not register anything

2/ The ones that register something have their own private way to register and registry classes that are not always reflective

3/ To have this "easily" done, this requires that zope.configuration context object (zope.configuration.interfaces.IConfigurationContext) fires an appropriate event to notify a ZCML directive successful "execution". This can't be done without some change in this module.

Any better and simple idea or contribution to do this is welcome.

Cheers
--
Gilles