[Product-Developers] [ANN] aws.zope2zcmldoc

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Mon Apr 18 13:59:09 UTC 2011

On 4/18/11 2:59 PM, Gilles Lenfant wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the birth of aws.zope2zcmldoc
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/aws.zope2zcmldoc/
>
> https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/aws.zope2zcmldoc
>
> aws.zope2zcmldoc adds a new Zope control panel that shows the doc of the various ZCML directives available in your instance. This component is clearly a companion for your development instance beside DocFinderTab, Clouseau, plone.reload.
>
> Though I consider it as alfaware, this component has no side effect on applications or in the ZCML behaviour. The layout is at the moment somehow spartan and will be improved in the future releases.
>
> Thanks in advance for any hint, feedback, feature idea, patch (...)

Hi Gilles,

nice!

Installed it on a 3.3.5 dev site and it just works.

Since you are asking for feature ideas:
no idea how to do this but I always like concrete, real world
examples. Would be awesome if aws.z2zd could try to somehow
extract a representative example from the code base to go
with the descriptions of the individual directives (in case
there is one). This would help people like me who always
wrestle with XML syntax.

Thanks for a very useful add-on,

	Raphael