[Product-Developers] Calling all collective.transmogrifier blueprint authors

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Thu Apr 14 17:09:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 3/25/11 11:45 AM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> On 2011-3-25 16:03, Alex Clark wrote:
>> - Ask for feedback on the issue of making collective.transmogrifier
>> listen for a "transmogrify" target, coming from blueprints who add an
>> entry point like:
>>
>> setup(
>>
>> entry_points="""
>> [z3c.autoinclude.plugin]
>> target = transmogrify
>> """
>> )
>>

>> That would allow a buildout[1] like this to work:
>>

>> [mr.migrator]
>> recipe = mr.migrator
>> pipeline = pipeline.cfg
>> eggs =
>> transmogrify.filesystem
>> transmogrify.ploneremote
>> transmogrify.pathsorter
>> transmogrify.printer
>>

>> Otherwise, we'll need to make mr.migrator accept the ZCML parameter, and
>> end users will have to list their blueprints twice:
>
> Why not use entrypoints instead instead of relying on zcml in between?
> That way you don't need to list them twice, and you get discovery
> directly from setuptools.

OK I took a stab at this here:

-
http://dev.plone.org/collective/changeset/237189/collective.transmogrifier/branches/aclark-mr-migrator-compat

Which works OK with packages that declare entry points like the one here:

-
http://dev.plone.org/collective/changeset/237623/transmogrify.filesystem/branches/aclark-mr-migrator-compat

This works because there is ZCML in that package and c.transmogrifier
calls zcml.load on it.

But I wonder how I can make it work for blueprints like this one:

-
http://dev.plone.org/collective/browser/collective.transmogrifier/trunk/src/collective/transmogrifier/sections/tests.py#L204

Where the code is loaded via provideUtility…

Do I need to make a "special exception" to handle this case?

Thanks for any pointers,

Alex

--
Alex Clark · http://aclark.net/training