[Product-Developers] Object Modified Event, what has changed

Vitaliy Podoba vitaliypodoba at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 10:46:02 UTC 2011

In article <inuqkm$385$1 at dough.gmane.org>,
 Peter Uittenbroek
 <uittenbroek at gw20e.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I was wondering if it's possible, when using the "ObjectModified" Event,
> to find out what the old and new value of the fields of that modified
> object are?
>
> Or are there (simple ..) products that would enable something like that?
> Or any other event / adapter / subscriber that would allow me to find
> out what the new AND old value of the object fields are?
>

> Kind Regards,
> Peter

Hi,

AFAIK ObjectModifiedEvent doesn't provide old and new version of
modified object. You'll only get new updated version of the object.

But in your subscriber you can probably use content history data to
check what changed. Take a look into content history viewlet for code
sample.

Good luck,
Vitaliy Podoba